The spelt chops(Schrot), were soaked and inoculated with SD culture and set at room temperature overnight. A poolish with 15% of the total flour was also set overnight.
The bake day morning began with a 20min autolyse at 26c. The poolish, chops soaker, salt and yeast were then gently mixed in and kneaded for about 7 minutes in the slow gear of the old Diosna mixer.
A 1.5% addition of sesame oil was incororated at the very end of the maschine mixing period. This was to counteract the inherent crumb dryness that is often assosiated with breads high in spelt content.
The resulting dough was worrisomely slack, several stretch and folds during the bulk proof, improved the situation somewhat though. The fresh yeast addition of 1.2% allowed for a rather short 40 minute bulk rest. To try and hold the dough together, I went intentionally firm on the intermediate and final shaping of the loaves, an extra measure of precautionary flour was sifted into the proofing baskets.
All was going well, then I realized that I had no oven space. The spelt loaves had to tough it out with a final proofing that in my opition was at least 30 minutes over the optimal point.
I had seven fully proofed loaves to deal with, scoring was out of the question, I decided also to eliminate peeling them. I simple reached deep into the oven and turned the loaves out of the baskets directly onto the hearth, they all cooperated.
As anticipated the loaves spread, as 100% spelt loaves tend to, but they also had a spring to them.
The crumb turned out moist and the bread was pleasing to the taste, it was a bit of an adventure but well worth it.